8-Channel Class D Full-Range Amplifier, 100 W x 8 @ 2 / 75 W x 8 @ 4 - 14.4V
The XD800/8v2 is the industry's first Class D amplifier to offer eight channels of full-range output capability and is capable of delivering a staggering 100 watts to each of its eight channels @ 2 ohms (14.4V, 1% THD). The breakthrough that makes this much power possible in such a small chassis is our NexD™ ultra-high-speed switching design, which allows for full bandwidth Class D operation with extremely low distortion and outstanding efficiency.
The XD800/8v2 includes a 12 dB / octave filter for each channel bank, which can be configured as a low-pass or high-pass filter, and offers continuously variable cutoff frequency selection from 50-500 Hz.
The XD800/8v2 also features the v2 Spec feature set, which consists of automatic turn-on capability (via signal sensing or DC-offset sensing), and a dual-range differential-balanced input section able to handle a wide range of input voltage levels. With the addition of an HD-RLC remote level control (sold separately), you have the ability to control the level of two, four, or all eight of the amplifier's channel levels from the driver's seat.
Here are a few examples of how the XD800/8v2 can be used:
- Eight-channel Satellite Amp: drive four pairs of speakers with 75 W x 8
- Big Four-Channel Satellite Amp: bridge to produce 200W x 4 @ 4
- Six-Channel System Amp: drive front and rear satellites with 75 W x 4 @ 4 , plus two 4 subwoofers with 200 W each
- Staggered Six-Channel Satellite Amp: drive front speakers with 200 W x 2 @ 4 , plus four 4 speakers with 75 W each
- Staggered Five-Channel Satellite Amp: drive three front speakers with 200 W @ 4 + rear speakers with 75 W x 2
- Four-Channel System Amp: drive left and right speakers with 200W x 2 @ 4 , plus two 4 subwoofers with 200W each
This amplifier features a black powder-coat finish and a gasketed, brushed aluminum cover for the controls.Technology NexD™ Switching Technology
NexD™ amplifier technologies produce exceptional audio quality, unsurpassed total efficiency and high power from very compact amplifier designs. Advanced Rollback Protection
JL Audio's exclusive Advanced Rollback Protection circuit monitors the amplifier's thermal condition and adjusts amplifier operation to eliminate annoying amplifier shut-down events. v2 Spec
An enhanced set of features added to XD and M-Series amplifiers that bear the "v2" designation make these models more versatile than ever. Differential-Balanced Inputs
JL Audio's Differential-Balanced Inputs are engineered to combat induced cable noise, which is a common problem in car and marine audio installations. This technology allows for the use of conventional RCA cables, while delivering many of the benefits of a true balanced connection and accepting a wide range of input signal levels.